This past month has been absolutely crazy.
Every Monday-Friday, we released at least one new tutorial, and every Wednesday we released a new Swift book.
In total, we had over 40 posts and 5 books released in just 1 month! This is our biggest month ever on the site, and I’m really proud of the entire team for putting this together.
But all good things must come to an end. And in the case of the iOS 8 Feast, we like to end things with a bang.
So today, we are pleased to announce the winners of our iOS 8 Feast giveaway! We have over $12,000 in value of prizes to give away – one grand prize winner, and 100 second prize winners.
Keep reading to find out who the lucky winners are, how to claim your prize if you are a lucky winner, and how to get a second chance in case you aren’t! :]
Full Prize List
Here’s the full list of prizes. The grand prize winner gets them all (is your mouth watering yet?):
- AppCode 3 Personal License ($99 value): An intelligent IDE that helps iOS/OSX developers create outstanding apps with ease and pleasure. Now with basic Swift support!
- Tower Git ($60 value): The most powerful Git client for your Mac.
- Spark Inspector ($50 value): Monitor, understand, and experiment with your app structure at a glance with Spark Inspector. You have to see it to believe it!
- Base 2 ($30 value): A Mac OS X application for creating, designing, editing, and browsing SQLite 3 database files.
- Paw 2 ($20 value): A handy app to test HTTP calls and RESTful APIs. It lets you send HTTP requests (like cURL), and generates NSURLConnection or AFNetworking code.
- Dash ($20 value): Instant offline access to documentation sets, and extremely handy snippet manager.
- Charles ($50 value): A HTTP proxy that enables a developer to view all of the HTTP traffic between their machine and the internet.
- Briefs ($199 value): The essential app design and mockup tool for a professional design workflow, for Mac OS X.
- AppCooker ($20 value): Design apps like a chef – right on your iPad!
- Paint Code 2 ($100 value): PaintCode is a vector drawing app that generates code in real time. Now fully up-to-date with Swift!
- IconBeast ($75 value): A set of elegant 3,000 iOS tab bar and toolbar icons for iPhone and iPad!
- xScope 4 ($50 value): Ten tools in one that will help any designer or developer do their job faster and produce more accurate results. Ideal for measuring, aligning, and inspecting on-screen graphics and layouts.
- Pixelmator ($30 value): An inspiring, easy-to-use, beautifully designed image editor built to help you create stunning new images and edit your existing photos.
- iOS Hat ($20 value): Turn Photoshop layers into Objective-C or Swift!
- CrazyTalk Animator 2 Pipeline ($300 value): CrazyTalk Animator is built from the ground up as a revolutionary 2D animation software to generate character animations for your games or apps.
- Spine Essential ($75 value): Spine is dedicated to 2D animation, providing an efficient workflow both for creating amazing animation and for integrating it into your games.
- Particle Designer 2.0 Indie License ($75 value): Create amazing particle systems for your games with a visual editor. Now 100% redesigned!
- Glyph Designer ($40 value): Design beautiful fonts for your iOS games.
- Texture Packer ($39 value): The sprite sheet creator that turns chaos into order!
- PhysicsEditor ($19 value): Edit your physics shapes with ease!
- 1Password for Mac ($50 value): The most popular password manager for the Mac!
- Reflector ($13 value): An AirPlay receiver that allows you to wirelessly display your iPad or iPhone on your Mac. Great for making app videos!
- Soulver ($12 value): A handy app to help you play around with numbers, more conveniently than a traditional calculator.
- ShinobiCharts Standard ($395 value): Bring your app’s data to life with these professional chart components.
- ShinobiGrids Standard ($395 value): Powerful data grids you can add into your iOS apps.
- ShinobiEssentials ($195 value): A kit of popular UI controls you can add to your apps like carousels, overlay panels, progress indicators, and more.
- RWDevCon ($599 value): A free ticket to our official raywenderlich.com conference: RWDevCon! Meet up with the team, learn, and be inspired!
- 360iDev ($800 value): A free ticket to 360iDev in 2014 – also includes the pre-conference workshop!
- CocoaConf ($800 value): A free ticket to any CocoaConf event in 2013 or 2014 – plus the pre-conference workshop!
PDF Books and Starter Kits
- Swift by Tutorials ($54 value): Learn Apple’s brand new programming language, Swift, the quick and easy way: via hands-on tutorials!
- iOS 8 by Tutorials ($54 value): Learn about the new APIs in iOS 8 such as Adaptive UI, App Extensions, and Cloud Kit!
- Core Data by Tutorials ($54 value): Take control of your data in iOS apps using Core Data, Apple’s powerful object graph and persistence framework.
- The iOS Apprentice, 3rd Edition ($54 value): Learn how to make iPhone and iPad apps from the ground up, with a series of epic-length tutorials for beginners!
- iOS Games by Tutorials, 2nd Edition ($54 value): Learn how to make 2D games for the iPhone and iPad using Apple’s brand new game framework, Sprite Kit.
- iOS 7 by Tutorials ($44 value): Learn about the new APIs that were introduced in iOS 7 like Text Kit, UIKit Dynamics, and NSURLSession. Still relevant in iOS 8
- iOS 6 by Tutorials ($24 value): Learn about the new APIs that were introduced in iOS 6 like Auto Layout, Collection Views, and Passbook. Still relevant in iOS 8!
- Space Game Starter Kit ($129 value): Learn how to make a full side-scrolling space game with Sprite Kit!
- Platformer Game Starter Kit ($129 value): Learn how to make a Mario-like platformer game with Sprite Kit!
- Beat ‘Em Up Game Starter Kit ($129 value): Learn how to make a pixel art beat ‘em up game with Sprite Kit!
- 1-year raywenderlich.com Subscription (Beta) ($180 value): Get full access to our complete catalog of video tutorials – plus get access to a new video tutorial each week!
- Advance Print Copy of Swift by Tutorials ($54 value): Right now we only sell the PDF version of Swift by Tutorials, but later this year we’ll be making a print version. We’ll send the grand prize winner the first copy of the book printed!
- Advance Print Copy of iOS 8 by Tutorials ($54 value): Similarly, be the first to get the print version of iOS 8 by Tutorials when it’s ready!
- Advance Print Copy of Core Data by Tutorials ($54 value): Similarly, be the first to get the print version of Core Data by Tutorials when it’s ready!
- Advance Print Copy of The iOS Apprentice, 3rd Edition ($54 value): Similarly, be the first to get the print version of the iOS Apprentice, 3rd Edition when it’s ready!
- Advance Print Copy of iOS Games by Tutorials, Second Edition ($54 value): Similarly, be the first to get the print version of iOS Games by Tutorials, 2nd Edition when it’s ready!
- raywenderlich.com T-shirt ($25 value): Sport a stylish black t-shirt with a colorful mosaic iPhone design!
- Plus… cold hard cash for a new iPhone 6! ($199 value)
Once again, a huge thanks to everyone who donated prizes for the iOS 8 Feast! These are all amazing resources for developers that we hand-picked and highly recommend.
And the 1 grand prize winner who will get this huge prize pack of over $6,000 in value is… wait for it…
Josh Woods(@sdoowhsoj on Twitter)!
Huge congrats to Josh! I will be in touch soon to arrange delivery of your prizes.
If you didn’t win the grand prize don’t worry – we have 100 more second prize winners to announce! :]
Second Prize Winners
Again, anyone who sent a tweet in the past month with the #ios8feast hash tag was eligible to win a second prize – and here are the lucky 100 random winners! :]
How To Claim Your Prize
If you’re a lucky second prize winner, please email me your top 5-10 choices from the list below (in order of most wanted->least wanted).
I’ll then do my best to match you with your preference (keep in mind each prize only has a limited number available). You have 48 hours to claim your prize, otherwise I’m going to give them away to others (more on that below).
First come, first serve, so be quick!
- 1Password for Mac
- Base 2
- CrazyTalk Animator 2 Pipeline
- iOS Hat
- Particle and Glyph Designer
- Paw 2
- raywenderlich.com PDF book or starter kit
- ShinobiControls (choose Charts, Grids, or Essentials)
- Spark Inspector
- Spine Essential
- Texture Packer and PhysicsEditor
- Tower Git
As explained above, there is a chance that some of the prizes may go unclaimed (especially with so many winners!)
So, after 48 hours, if there are any unclaimed prizes, I will give them away to forum members who post a comment on this thread. The prizes will be given away in order from those with the most overall posts on the raywenderlich.com forums to those with the least posts, in order to reward regular forum members.
So if you want one last shot at winning, just post on this thread and who knows, you might get lucky and win an unclaimed prize! :]
And That’s a Wrap!
And that concludes the iOS 8 Feast, we hope you all enjoyed it and got fat and happy along the way!
Congrats to all of the prize winners, and a huge thank you to everyone who supported us by purchasing our new Swift books, subscribing to our video tutorials, signing up for RWDevCon, or recommending our site. You are what makes all of this hard work possible!
Thank you all again, and we’re now back to your regularly scheduled programming at raywenderlich.com!